Prochem Carpet Cleaning Products
Prochem Carpet Cleaning Products Review
Your carpet deserves quality care and maintenance, to keep it looking its best all through its life on your floor. The dirt and grime, stains that have adhered to the fibres, all through to the odours from the decomposing organic residue trapped within the material, take away its beauty, put its structural integrity at risk, and ruin the ambience of the interior space. With Prochem, you are able to attend to the different needs of your carpet, thanks to the numerous solutions they have in the offing. Depending on your unique situation, from spot treatments and stain removal, to home jobs and large carpet cleaning programs in commercial establishments where you need heavy powered machinery, there are solutions for you. These include:
These can be classified into:
- Presprays and traffic lane cleaners Before you set out with the general carpet cleaning, there are those stubborn areas that have piled on grime which needs to be individually dealt with- like the traffic lanes. Here, heavy soil has clung to the fibres as a result of all the foot traffic that has been handled. In fact, itâ€™s why areas on the carpet that are frequently walked on tend to be duller than the rest of the carpet. There are also the cases where there are plenty of oils and grease in the carpet, which need an extra touch before carrying out the normal shampoo or extraction cleaning- that way you can reduce your workload, and prevent overwetting, while simultaneously leaving the carpet brighter and cleaner, and minimising the residue. For this, you have numerous options of Prochem presprays to choose from. These range from the turquoise liquid Contract Carpet Prespotter that comes with a lavender fragrance and is a spot cleaner for those heavily soiled and greasy scenarios, the high concentrate Prespray Gold that is intended for use on pH sensitive and wet cleanable materials like wool, wool-mix and stain resistant nylon, the MultiPro with is superb for dealing with greasy areas and draught marks, and is usually applied to those heavily soiled areas before machine cleaning, to the high concentrate Trafficlean that comes with industrial strength, plus the enzyme-free and high performance Power Burst, an alkaline detergent that is popular for use in high traffic establishments where there is a high build-up of grease, including those restaurant carpets.
- Extraction liquid detergents Here, you have low foam solutions that are used with the hot water extraction equipment to provide a deep and thorough clean for your carpet. These formulations emulsify the grease and soiling that's trapped within the carpet's fibres, and suspend the soiling which increases the efficacy of the cleaning. Products range from the Contract Carpet Extraction Cleaner that is both safe and economical, the Prochem Extraction Plus, which also contains an anti-resoiling formulation and retains its stability even at the high temperatures witnessed during the hot water extraction, all through to the Prochem Fibre & Fabric Rinse which neutralises the alkaline presprays that had been applied onto the carpet, and stabilises the colours. There is the micro-encapsulation Extraclean that also has an anti-resoiling formula plus odour neutraliser, keeping the carpet elegant for longer, Liquid Woolsafe that's effective on wool and stain resistant nylon, and even the Carpetclean XL, which is a phosphate-free detergent that is used in both portable and truck-mounted extraction machines.
- Extraction powder detergents For those who want to take the powdered route when cleaning your carpet, Prochem has also got you covered. Their range of products here provide optimal results while enhancing economy of the operations- especially with their high dilution ratios. As such, they can be used in scenarios ranging from contract cleaning to using high pressure extractors and truck mounted units. Take the Prochem Dry Blend for instance. It`s designed to economise the commercial carpet cleaning process, especially when dealing with synthetic material. It comes with surfactants, water softeners, builders and even corrosion inhibitors, ensuring you get effective results. Prochem Crystal Green is a premium detergent, that provides superior cleaning when dealing with tough grime and greasy soiling. The Fibresafe Gold brings the high efficacy cleaning to wool and stain resistant materials, with its self-neutralising pH system that reduces risks such as texture change, colour bleed, and re-soiling. For those heavily soiled carpets, you have the concentrated Prochem Double Clean, that is formulated with alkaline builders plus both anionic and non-ionic surfactants. When it comes to the most powerful truck mount units, you want a product that can perform superbly at the high temperatures while maintaining its stability and clarity, that way you wonâ€™t end up with residual deposits and clogged up wands, while still obtaining the cleaning results desire. You get that with Prochem Heat Wave, where you won`t have to worry about the ingredients separating under high heat, and it easily breaks down the residue in the carpets for extraction.
- Carpet maintenance products There are those times you want quick fixes and low moisture cleaning operations to keep your carpet sparkling in between the periods of the deep cleaning. For this, Prochem has an extensive range of products, that enhance the drying times and have highly effective anti-resoil formulations to ward off the grime. These range from the Contract Carpet Foam Shampoo, a high foaming product that can be used with rotary and dry foam shampoo carpet cleaning machines, the crystallising Fibre Shampoo that ensures quality results with its micro-encapsulation formulation and a buffered pH system that prevents colour bleeding and browning of the material, Prochem Procaps which is used for spray cleaning during interim carpet maintenance with cylindrical brush machines to get rid of the soiling while enhancing the soil resistance, all through to the low VOC concentrate Bonnet-Buff that is used together with the rotary carpet bonnet pads, and Prochem Pure Clean which is applicable during spot treatments, spray cleaning, extraction and with bonnet systems. In this category you also have the dry carpet cleaning compound Prochem Fiberdri, that can be used with systems such as the PB14E and 380 DCS, or even the Fiberdri TM4 carpet dry cleaning unit.
- Deodorisers and sanitisers With grime comes odours. These can range from musty smells that are a nuisance, those that result from food and drink spills, smoke odours that permeate through the interior space, all through to urine stenches that make it difficult to breathe in your own home or business premises. It may even be the after effects of a disaster like fire incidences where the carpet absorbed loads of smoke. When there are odours emanating from your carpet, you can barely focus on other tasks since they smell will be pervading your nostrils. Prochem brings on board user-friendly products to specially deal with the odour problem in your carpet. These include the Prochem Lemon Refresh that you can add to your shampoo, extraction or general cleaning solution, the Cherry Carpet Deodoriser that destroys the odours and leaves behind a pleasant cherry fragrance, Odour Fresh that has a floral fragrance and can be added to any carpet or general cleaning solution, all through to the Prochem Urine Neutraliser, an acidic formulation that has been specifically designed to deodorise urine odours on contact. There are also products that have been formulated for specific niches, such as the Prochem Neutra-Soft for health centres, and Fibrefresh which is a biological deodoriser that is used during professional restoration and also institutional cleaning applications.
To tackle both the odours and the germs that are crawling around in the carpet and enhance the health of the premises, turn to products like the Prochem Clensan, that is approved to EN1276. These are sanitisers that effectively eliminate the bacteria and the odours that result from the microbial action on issues like spills in the carpet. Prochem Microsan is also a biocidal cleaner, that is effective against stubborn bacteria such as MRSA, all through to viruses such as Hepatitis B and HIV. It's also EN1276-approved.
Carpet protective treatments
After you've cleaned your carpet, you want it to retain its elegance for long. For this there are Prochem formulations that enhance the carpet's resistance to soiling and stains. Take for instance the Fluoroseal CF. It protects your carpet using cationic technology, and is also WoolSafe approved. There's also the issue of shock. Static charge builds up within the carpet as people walk about due to the rubbing action between their feet and the fibres. Ever felt the sparks and discharges when you touch a metal surface on items placed on the carpet? The effect is also prominent near the sensitive electronic equipment. The shocking sensation is a nuisance- and can also be hazardous if there is a huge discharge. When there`s low humidity, the static build up effect is enhanced. Static also increases the rate of soiling since it basically pulls dirt particles and allergens to it. This means that you`ll have an increased workload during the next cleaning session. The Prochem Shockaway, an anti-static treatment, comes in to take care of this. It's a water-based formulation applied onto a clean and vacuumed carpet, that forms a non-sticky coating on its material, conducting away the charge from the surfaces of the fibres.
Spot and stain removers
These Prochem products are used to work on those spots and stains for quick fixes, that way you wonâ€™t have to bring out the entire deep cleaning and extraction systems every time. Certainly, they can also be used during general cleaning when you come across troublesome spots to increase the speed of operations. In this category, you have products such as the Prochem Neutral Pro-Spotter, which is effective on most of the food and drink spills, plus general waterborne products. It's a WoolSafe product hence can be used for those wool carpet and rugs, and it also comes with a floral scent. The heavy duty and alkaline spotter Prochem Stain Pro is a water and solvent based, and works on various stains ranging from fresh tea and coffee spots, food based stains, wine and ink, to blood and vomit. It simultaneously leaves behind a mint fragrance. There's also the Prochem Coffee Stain Remover which has been specially designed for treating coffee, tea, tannin and beer stains, and is also effective on water marks, plus those unsightly brown and yellow discolourations that are on the carpet. The Prochem Red Rx is exclusively used for red food colourings that are a common result of cooking and baking activities, carbonated drinks and fruit juices- whether it`s as a simple spill at home, or your kids were having a birthday party and caused stains all over, all through to the wine stains that scream out of the carpet.
You can get rid of rust and iron mould on the carpet using the Prochem Rust Remover, which is an optimal alternative to strong acids that would have required further chemical neutralisation. It is also effective in removing old blood stains from the carpet. There are detergent based liquid gel spot removers like the Prochem Citrus Gel, which gets rid of grease, oil, gum, tar and other oily spots on the carpet, thus solving the stain problem while protecting the latex and bitumen backings, which is an issue with other citrus based solvents. The solvent soluble stains including oil, grease and adhesives, gum and oil based stains can also be removed with the high performance Solvall Spotter, which is a volatile dry solvent that is popular for general spot cleaning applications. What of those cases where you`re applying nail polish and some of it ended up dripping onto your carpet? Or perhaps the kids decided to showcase their artistic skills by grabbing marker pens and doodling on the carpet. It may even be PVA adhesives that spilled onto it. These can be removed using the water based Prochem Ink Solve, which is a micro-emulsion spotter with the welcome benefit of having a mild aromatic scent. The non-volatile and water-rinsable Solvex, on the other hand, is a combination of penetrating solvents and detergents, and is used for the removal of nail polish, varnish, gloss and emulsion paints that accidentally spill onto the carpet, and also solvent soluble inks.
These are combined into the PSK Professional Spotting Kit, a complete and comprehensive kit that comes with the diverse range of Prochem spotters and accessories, from the Neutral Pro-Spotter and Coffee Stain Remover- both with spray, Solvall Spotter and Solvex, all through to the Citrus Gel, Ink Solv, Urine Neutralise Stain Pro, which are packed in a tough plastic case that`s also water resistant. When the products get depleted, they can be replenished with new units, and you can fill and store individual trigger sprays beneath the PSK's hinged lid. The kit allows you to treat numerous stains, from food and drink spills, oil and grease, cosmetics including nail polish, adhesives, paint and rust, ink, blood, and many more. The PSK is especially beneficial for professional cleaning crews, and comes with accessories that you need for the task, such as white terry towels, neoprene gloves, a chewing gum perforator, pH test paper colour coded reel, 1000 foil furniture pads that way you can reset the furniture onto the carpet after you`re done cleaning without worrying about staining from its legs, all through to a comprehensive stain removal guide to tackle the different kinds of stains.
Additives and Problem Solvers
During the carpet cleaning process, whether it`s at home or you`re a cleaning company serving multiple clients, there are situations where you need an extra touch to enhance the efficiency of the process, or enhance the protection of the carpet. Prochem provides different solutions for this, with products ranging from oxidising boosters and solvent additives, all through to debrowning formulations. For instance, the Ultrapac Renovate is used together with Prochem Oxibrite, and is highly effective when working on olefin (polypropylene) carpets as a prespray. It uses cationic action to pull out the soiling from the carpets by neutralising the electrostatic charge on the particles, and is specially designed for removing filtration spills, dry soot, carbon and fire residues, and also those stubborn draught marks. When using shampoos with the extraction equipment, foam forming in the recovery tanks reduces the efficiency of the process. This can be counteracted using the Prochem Liquid Defoamer, a powerful silicon emulsion formulation, or the economical Contract Carpet Defoamer, which is also an antifoam agent. The Prochem Powdered Defoamer, that comes with pure silicone anti-foam and inert ingredients, is pre-diluted then added into the waste tanks before the extraction cleaning process.
For those sections of the carpet that have water damage staining, or cases with jute browning, turn to the Prochem Browning Prescription, that comes with anti-yellowing and anti-browning agents. All it needs it to be sprayed directly onto the affected area, mixed with the Fibre Shampoo and applied with a rotary brush. In cleaning jobs where you want to boost the cleaning power of the detergent or shampoo being used, the Citra-Boost comes in to provide that extra muscle. It enhances the ability of the pre-spray formulation, extraction detergents and even the rotary shampoos to get rid of oily and greasy soiling, asphalt that has been tracked onto the carpet, and food spills that stubbornly adhere to the fibres. Some stains cause you to spend loads of time hunched up over the spot trying to scrub them away, and yet they do not budge. Not only does this consume your time and lead to resource wastage, but you can also end up damaging the fibres of the carpet. For these stubborn stains that have set into the carpet, watermarks, jute and cellulosic browning stains, and even when you're looking for a last resort to deal with the infuriating coffee and tea stains that appear to have become one with the carpet, they can be easily removed with the Prochem Oxibrite. It's added to extraction and shampoo solutions that are ready to use, and employs a "controlled bleaching" action to tackle the stains. Due to the bleaching effect, you should carry out a spot test to ensure that it is compatible with the particular type of carpet you have. When removing the browning stains and cleaning the water damaged carpeting, the Oxibrite is used in combination with Prochem Fibrebuff, an acidic additive that enhances the quality of the results.
Why You Should Invest In Prochem Carpet Cleaning Products
1. Safe carpet cleaning The solutions you use on the carpet have an impact on the fibres. As such, you want to ensure that they are compatible. Corroding the fibres while you get rid of the grease and heavy soiling in the carpet is not how you want things to turn out. Prochem offers you specially designed formulations to be compatible with the different range of carpets. For instance, there are WoolSafe approved products like the Prespray Gold, Fiberdri, Procaps and the powder Fibresafe Gold, which are suitable for wool, stain resistant nylon plus other pH-sensitive carpets and rugs, and the Ultraprep TLC that has a mild pH which makes it suitable for most carpet types. Products like Extraclean and Liquid Woolsafe can even be used on upholstery fabrics. Even corrosion inhibition is taken into account, with units such as the Dry Blend. Others like the Prochem Fibre & Fabric Rinse (also WoolSafe approved) come in to neutralise the alkaline effect from the presprays after application, and prevent effects like yellowing, browning or colour bleeding. The buffered pH system in units like the Prochem Fibre Shampoo also comes in handy to protect your carpet's colouration. Some like the Carpetclean XL are certified to AMS1631A standards for the cleaning of carpets in aircrafts. There's also the Prochem Neutra-Soft`, an all-in-one cleaner that handles the extraction, urine neutralising and deodorising and also the rinsing, which has been exclusively developed for use in healthcare establishments.
2. Fragranced With Prochem products, you get a clean and fresh smelling carpet. After the formulations break down the soiling and neutralise the odours, they also leave behind fresh scents in their wake. What`s more, you get to choose the scent you want, as they vary from product to product. From the citrus mint Prochem Multi Pro or Double Clean powder detergent, fresh orange peel Fibre & Fabric Rinse, the mint fresh Ultraprep TLC, the Prespray Gold and Liquid Woolsafe that come with a floral lemon fragrance and Prochem Extraclean that has a lemon breeze scent, to the lavender Contract Carpet Prespotter and its counterpart the Contract Carpet Extraction Cleaner, Bonnet Buff that mixes the lemon and lavender, the red liquid Ultrapac Renovate that deodorisers on application and has a floral scent, or even the Prochem Fibresafe Gold that has a green apple fragrance. There are lemon and lime scents in units like the Procaps and Fibre Shampoo. In case you don`t want fragrances, you are also covered with Prochem products like the fragrance-free Pure Clean, and it's also soap- and enzyme-free. Existing odours are also neutralised, with products ranging from the Prochem Lemon Refresh, Cherry Carpet Deodoriser, Fresh Breeze Odour Neutraliser that is a formulation combining micro-encapsulation and odour absorption, and Odour Fresh, to the Urine Neutraliser and Neutra-Soft. Prochem Fibrefresh formulation has long lasting bioenzymatic action to keep the carpet fresh. The concentrated Smoke & Odour Neutraliser helps you restore the carpet whether it`s because persons in the establishment were smoking cigarettes and the smoke particles got absorbed by the fibres, or it`s the aftermath of a fire incident that had befallen the premises.
3. Easy to use Each of the cleaning products comes with its accompanying instructions to make the application process a breeze. Some of the products are ready-to-use like the Prochem Red Rx, Neutral Pro-Spotter and Stain Pro, others are added to cleaning detergents and shampoos to enhance their power. The dilution ratios to be used are indicated on the product labels, that way you will be able to prepare the solutions as required. Others have different applications depending on the state of the carpet and the cleaning systems being used. For instance, when using Prochem Oxibrite with foaming shampoos or extraction detergents, it is first dissolved with hot water, and then added to the respective solutions. In case you want to use it to particularly get rid of the stubborn coffee, tea and jute browning stains, it is just mixed with Prochem Fibrebuff, Fibre Shampoo and warm water, and you`re good to go. The end result is an elegant and odourless carpet. The Prochem carpet cleaning products can also be applied through different means. For instance, the Prochem Pure clean can be used in conjunction with bonnet, extraction and spray cleaning systems. You can use it for the general maintenance or spot treatments when getting rid of the dirt spots that have developed in the carpet. Bonnet-Buff can be sprayed directly onto the carpet, or you can use it with rotary carpet cleaning bonnet pads. The white powder Power Burst can be pre-diluted for use with injection sprayers.
4. More than just carpets Getting multiple cleaning agents for the different fabrics, carpets and upholstery of your establishment can rack up your bills. You may even be a carpet cleaning contractor, and you've just worked on the carpet and your clients also wants the floor or furniture upholstery taken care of. Walking away from the lucrative opportunity simply because you`re limited to carpets can be frustrating- especially since you wouldn`t have to even make prospects or advertise in such a situation. Don't fret- Prochem carpet cleaning products are versatile, and can be applied on different jobs around the premises. For instance, the Prespray Gold, Fibre & Fabric rinse, and Prochem Extraclean can all be used on the fine and delicate upholstery, bringing on board their superior cleaning action. They are WoolSafe approved, and have even undergone independent testing in NAMAS accredited laboratories in order to show that they do not affect the ignition resistance of flame retarded fabric, which is used as a composite together with specified foams. The Fibre Shampoo that encapsulates the dirt particles within the carpet and enables fat extraction can also be used for the dry foam plus hand cleaning of fabric upholstery- and it will still prevent the browning and colour bleeding. There are also Prochem products available for the hard and resilient floors, from the ceramic and stone floors, solid wood and laminates, all through to the vibrant vinyl and linoleum installations for both homes and commercial establishments. Oxibrite, used to tackle the really stubborn stains of the carpet, can also be used to brighten white, off-white and pastel shade fabrics, bringing a sparkle and enhancing their aesthetic appeal. The sanitising agents like Prochem Clensan and Microsan, in addition to eliminating the microbes within the carpet, can also be used to sanitise upholstery, floors and hard surfaces.
5. Eco-friendly You want to get rid of the grime and stains that have covered your carpet without increasing your carbon footprint. Moreover, you don`t want toxic fumes being generated in the course of the cleaning, filling up the interior space and making it a hazard for the rest of the persons in the establishment. With the Prochem carpet cleaning products, you wonâ€™t have to worry about that. The formulations and systems are constantly scrutinized, assessing for the user safety and environmental impact. Numerous standards are adhered to throughout the different stages of the production, from the sourcing to when the products are used on the carpet. For instance, the raw material used during production have complied with the requirements of the Regulation, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH). They are also European Classification, Labelling & Packaging (CLP) Regulations 1272/2008 compliant. The surfactants in the solutions meet the European Detergent Directive 648/2004 biodegradability requirements and the active ingredients that are in the biocidal products adhere to the EU Biocidal Products Regulations (BPR) 528/2012 standards. You even have units such as the Prochem Fiberdri whose formulation is based on natural organic compounds, and has been coated using biodegradable cleaning agents. As such, you can trust that you're using products that are safe for you, your kids and pets at home, the clients and employees at your workplace, and Mother Nature in general.
6. Budget friendly products The solutions come with affordable price tags, which enables you to make savings in your carpet cleaning costs. Since they are developed in-house, it ensures that strict quality, performance safety standards and environmental criteria are met. As such, you are certain to get a value return for your investment. What's more, there are high concentrated formulations, that only require minimal product to be used with each carpet cleaning session. These range from presprays that have a 1:8 dilution ratio, like the Contract Carpet Prespotter, Multi Pro and Trafficlean, those with a 1:33 dilution ratio like the Prespray Gold and Ultraprep TLC, all to the high ratio of 1:66 that is seen with products like Prochem Power Burst. With the extraction liquid detergents, you get ratios ranging from 1:50 with the Prochem Contract Carpet Extraction Cleaner to 1:100 with products like the Extraction Plus, Fibre & Fabric Rinse and Liquid Woolsafe, to the very high 1:333 with the Prochem Carpetclean XL. When you use powder detergents, more economy is also witnessed. For instance, units like the Prochem Dry Blend and Fibresafe Gold are mixed with 1 part product, 333 parts water, while those like the Crystal Green, Double Clean and Prochem Heat Wave clock a whopping 1:666 dilution ratio. This enables you to cut down on your carpet cleaning costs, bringing you savings in your establishment maintenance program.