Evans Carpet Cleaning Products
A Look At Evans Carpet Cleaning Products
Your carpet needs to be clean for you to enjoy it. Your comfort is on the line, be it in your living or working space. No one wants to come home to a soiled and stained carpet, which is producing odours that are choking up the interior space. What of the visitors coming over? Whether it’s your neighbours, in-laws dropping by to check up on you, or you're in the process of planning a get-together with your loved ones, the sorry state of the carpet will foul up the occasion. You may even have got that dashing date to finally agree to come over to your house, and you want to make a positive impression. How does the carpet reflect on your personality? It’s not just for those courting. Dirty carpets have been known to trigger arguments among married couples, building on other issues within their lives and further straining the union. Personally, you also want to have a conducive environment to relax in. You should be able to read that novel, catch that TV-show, hang out with your kids or significant other, play with your pet, and dance around in the living room, without the ambience being ruined by dirt spots and odours from the carpet. In your business premises, it has an effect on the image you portray to your clients, plus the productivity of your employees. You’ll have a difficult time convincing your customers about the professional standards of your products or services when they are greeted by dirty and dull carpet the moment they walk into your commercial establishment. Those stains from food and drink spills, pet accidents, ink blots, gloss paint, and even dull sections that have absorbed tobacco turn away customers from your hotel, office building, entertainment centre, consultancy services or other establishment. Over time, the accumulated gunk causes the carpet to appear old and forlorn, and since the carpet reflects on the rest of the furnishings and decor, it drags down their appeal. Things don’t have to go this way, give you carpet professional care by turning to Evans Vanodine's range of cleaning solutions.
Factors Affecting Your Carpet
With carpets, there's always more than meets the eye. In fact, by the time traffic lanes form and the surface begins to dull, there will be already loads of grime deep within the material. Carpets can hoard up to 4 times their own weight in dirt, and over 85% is usually buried within its fibres. What does it constitute of?
1. Dust Lots of it. The carpet is essentially the largest air filter in the establishment. It picks up the dust particles floating around, and its fibres also scrape off the particles that are on the underside of people’s shoes as they walk on it. This happens around the clock, every day.
2. Dust mites Colonies of them reside within the carpet. Why wouldn’t they? After all, they have all the need to grow and thrive. These range from the warm conditions in the carpet, to the constant nourishments by the mounds of skin flakes that are being shed by the persons on the premises. They also don’t drink water- they simply absorb it from the air around them. With nothing holding them back, they multiply rapidly, and there can be over 1000 of the little buggers in just a gram of dust- together with 250,000 of their faecal pellets, which are a problem for the persons in the establishment The pellets are allergens, triggering reactions as your kids play on the carpet, or when it is disturbed by foot traffic and the particles get kicked into the air and inhaled. Each faecal pellet contains protein digestive enzymes that trigger reactions like asthma and allergic rhinitis. On the skin, they cause irritation and worsen conditions such as eczema. You may have already noticed your kids or pets incessantly scratching themselves after just spending a couple of minutes on the carpet.
3. Pet fur and dander Do you have a cat or dog?? They are notorious for leaving behind fur on the carpet. There's also body waste such as flakes of skin, sweat and skin oils. As they roam around outside, pets can pick up substances like grass pollen on their fur or even soiling on their paws, which gets tracked into the building and onto your carpet. Then there are those unfortunate incidences when you have urine accidents from your furry friend to deal with. Pungent and unsightly, they quickly foul up the premises, and you can get rid of them using Evans carpet cleaning products.
4. Stains Spills on the carpet will cause stains. They come in all sorts of colourations and strengths. From the frequent food and drink stains, like coffee, tea, wine, mayonnaise and even beetroot, to aspects like ink blots when kids decide to use marker pens on the carpet or faulty pens dropping some ink, cosmetic accidents like nail polish ending up on the carpet as you rushed to prepare for the day during your morning routine, or at work as you were freshening up at your desk, all through to blood stains from cuts, or even vomit incidences. The stains set into the fibres, ruining that beautiful patterns and designs that made you fall in love with the carpet the first time you saw it at the store. You don’t have to live or work in these conditions. Simply resolve them using the Evans carpet cleaning products.
5. Food residue Bread crumbs, pizza smudges, spaghetti, crisps, greasy residue especially from fast foods, those bits and pieces from doggy biscuits- there are all kinds of food residue that can end up in the carpet, adding to the build-up of grime. Over time, it will decompose, causing odours to develop. That's just the start of your troubles. The food particles attract insects and rodents onto your carpet. In the dead of night, cockroaches and their ilk come out to feast on the particles, and it can get so bad that mice also make an appearance. As they feed, they also leave behind their droppings, compounding the gunk problem. On top of that, they carry pathogens that put the health of your family members at home, or the clients and employees in your business premises at risk. Speaking of mice, their sharp claws and teeth are a direct threat to your carpet. They will tear into the material as they try to claw out those chunks of food that have stuck to the carpet, ruining it. Knotted wool carpets have the additional pest problem of house beetle grubs (“woolly bears"). The little creatures have chemicals in their digestive system that converts wool into sugar, and they will literally feed on your carpet. Regular and tough cleaning with quality products will protect your carpet from scenarios such as these.
6. Microbes Looking further at the pathogens a carpet can carry, one realises that it's a wall-to-wall germ farm. Statistically, a carpet can clock over 4000 times more bacteria than the toilet seat. Every square inch of carpeting can have over 200,000 bacteria. They are carried onto it under people's shoes, pets' paws, by insects and even pests. From the Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus that can have been picked up from the gym or school locker rooms and tracked onto the carpet, Campylobacter that's a common feature in soiled carpets and is particularly dangerous to people who have compromised immune systems, Micrococcus, Enterococci, all through to the Norwalk virus which can survive on the carpet for more than a month. That common myth, the "5-Second Rule" where people pick up food dropped onto the carpet because "it doesn’t get significantly contaminated within five seconds" can result in serious conditions. In case there are persons who are ill on the premises, the germs that they cough up into the air wind up in the carpet, and get raised again whenever its agitated, like when furniture is moved around or people walk on it. This increases the rate of infection.
7. Mould and mildew Whenever the carpet remains wet for too long, the high humidity levels encourages fungi like mould and mildew to develop. These have different colours, from green, black, grey to even brown. It's an eyesore that will infuriate you each time your eyes sweep across the carpet as you glance around the room. In addition, they create a musty smell. There are also health risks. The spores that the fungi release into the airspace are allergens, that can cause mild irritation, trigger asthma attacks, and worsen respiratory conditions such as bronchitis. Some of the species release mycotoxins, that are a threat to organs like the liver and entire systems such as the central nervous system. For instance, Stachybotrys chartarum, a common mould species that grows on wet carpets, produces mycotoxins that cause mucosal irritation, dermatitis and also immunosuppression. The fast drying time that you get with Evans carpet cleaning products, in addition to the formulations a deal with issues like mildew plus the odours they produce, allows you to protect your carpet from the fungi.
Multiple Evans Carpet Cleaning Solutions To Protect Your Investment
There are numerous types of carpets, each with their unique material and, thus, cleaning needs. The soiling and stains involved also vary, in addition to the preferred method of cleaning that you want to undertake. Evans Vanodine provides you with a wide range of products to enable you meet your carpet cleaning needs. These include:
• Carpet Shampoos
These are used with deep cleaning methods such as hot water extraction systems, for a thorough wash. They encapsulate the soiling, separating the particles from the fibres of the carpet, enabling easy extraction. Take for instance the Extract Pro. It's a low foam shampoo that is sprayed into the carpet, loosening and dissolving the grime. The mixture is then collected back into the recovery tank of the machine. The unit doesn’t stop there. It enhances the stain resistance of the carpet, and also comes with anti-soling properties to keep it elegant for longer. You can also use the Evans Extract Pro for pre-spraying before cleaning, and it effective in all water conditions. It also works with equipment such as rotary floor machines with a carpet bonnet or pad, or the contrarotating brush units that automatically dispense the Extract Pro solution, clean and then recover the soiling in just one operation. The Evans Dri-Foam comes in to remove the heavy soiling in the carpet, and is a high-foaming product used with both rotary and carpet shampoo machines. The foam generated loosens and absorbs the soiling, the carpet is allowed to dry and then the dissolved and crystallised dirt and residue are vacuumed away. For heavy soiling the Dri-Foam is added to the solution tank of the machine using a 1:6 dilution ratio, and for light soiling a 1:10 ratio is used. In both cases, the solution is prepared with hot water. The solution can be sprayed evenly onto the carpet or applied sparingly through a machine tank system. When on the carpet, it's agitated to work up a rich foam, then the carpet is allowed to dry. The Dri-Foam absorbs the soling and when the carpet dries you get to easily vacuum up the contents from the fibres.
• Spot treatments
These come in when you have specific troublesome areas on the carpet, from sections with heavy build-up of grime, to those with stubborn stains that need extra attention during the cleaning. In addition, you may also be looking to attend to cases of dirt and spills in the carpet the moment they occur, without having to wait up to the scheduled day of the general cleaning. Evans range of spot treatment products enables you to make those quick fixes and ensure the carpet retains its beauty and charm. For this you have products such as the Evans Spot Light™, a high-efficacy foaming cleaner that removes numerous stains ranging from oils and grease, fruit juice and beetroot, curry plus fresh tea and coffee stains, and it leaves behind a pleasant residue perfume. It has been developed with a keen understanding of how the different kinds of stains are absorbed by the carpet material, making tackling them a breeze. The absorbent foam formulation of the Spot Light™ emulsifies the soiling, reducing your workload as you carry out the cleaning.
The role of these is to counteract the odours coming from the carpet. These are caused by issues ranging from the microbial action on decaying organic matter, all through to cases where there are fungal growths in the carpet. Urine, faecal residue from pets, insects and dust mites, food and drink spills, pet dander, vomit- the grime is not only unsightly, but it causes stenches to permeate through the interior space. Evans Vanodine provides products to attend to these, from neutralising the molecules causing the odours with units like the Evans Odour Neutraliser, to deodorising action with products like Evans Florazol that enables you to clean easily without having to cringe as you work on the carpet. The Odour Neutraliser eliminates malodours from rancid food, perspiration, cigarette smoke, pet odours, all through to urine. It’s also bactericidal, killing the germs associated with the grime, and has passed EN 1276. Florazol® on the other hand is a highly concentrated deodoriser that comes in different fragrances ranging from freesia and lavender to sandalwood and bouquet, that way you get to choose the end result. It gets rid of odours from body waste, cooking activities, tobacco, pets and even mildew. Its effectiveness across the scope has seen it become a popular product in homes, hospitality venues, schools and even hospitals and nursing homes. You can also use Evans Fresh, which is ideal for the carpeting in public rooms, offices, plus reception areas.
The deodorisers are added to the shampoo solutions using dilution ratios described on the product label. For instance, Florazol® works at a ratio of 50ml product being mixed with 10L of solution, while Evans Fresh uses a 1:50 ratio (like 100ml of product for every 5L of solution). Alternatively, for cases where the odours are a constant issue, you can spray the Florazol® directly onto the affected carpet using a spray bottle after diluting it with a 1:80 ratio, and carry out the spraying at least twice a day, or until the malodours completely disappear.
This category of products is formulated to enhance the efficiency of the cleaning operations- from the shampoos to the machinery used. Take the Evans Defoamer for instance. Foaming is a problem in equipment like rotary extraction plus wet vacuum extraction machines. The foam residue causes a build-up in their recovery tanks, causes vacuum loss in the system and you also keep having to stop mid-cleaning to water down the foam that has been formed in the machine, or remove the hose from the wand since the foam is affecting its performance. This results in energy and time wastage, and more product s used than is required, depleting the cleaning supplies faster. The Evans Defoamer comes in to solve this issue, and it prevents the foam from accumulating in the recovery tanks of the extraction machines.
Benefits Of Turning To The Evans Carpet Cleaning Products
1. Enhanced carpet protection
The deep carpet cleaning that you are able to undertake with Evans Vanodine range of solution gets rid of the dirt, grime and stains that are a threat to your carpet. Those particles that are clinging onto the fibres, which get grinded against the carpet as people walk on it, are eliminated. The stains adhering to the material and ruining the intricate patterns and colourations of the carpet are dissolved, restoring the elegance of your installation. That’s the first step: removing the source of the problem. This allows you to maintain the structural integrity of the carpet, which prolongs its life and enables you to avoid hefty repair and replacement costs that would have otherwise cropped up down the road. Next is enhancing your carpet’s ability to withstand the constant attacks of everyday life, from the soiling to the spillage that occur. Evans Vanodine products like the Extract Pro come with anti-soling protection for your carpet, and also enhance the stain resistance. As such, you are able to get a long-lasting clean.
2. Fast carpet cleaning
There is a myriad of reasons why you want to ensure the carpet cleaning process goes fast. For starters, as long as the carpet remains wet, the area remains off-limits, since you won’t want people walking all over it and making waste of the efforts you had put in place. This means that your normal life at home or the business operations in your commercial get disrupted. You want to minimise this. A prolonged drying time also increases the risk of mould and mildew developing in the carpet. The fungi gorge on the fibres, reducing the structural integrity of the material. What's more, they release spores and mycotoxins into the interior space, putting the health of the persons on the premises at risk. You want to get the carpet clean, not start worrying about allergens and avoidable medical bills. Evans carpet cleaning products come in handy by cutting down on the amount of time taken for the cleaning itself, all through to reducing the drying time taken. Products like the Evans Spot Light come ready to use, allowing you to hit the ground running. Shampoos like the Evans Extract Pro make it easier for the dry soiling to be picked up from the carpet during the vacuuming stage of the extraction process, speeding things up.
The Evans carpet cleaning products can be used on different applications around the establishment, such as upholstery cleaning. Simply test for colour fastness on an inconspicuous spot to ensure that the product is compatible with the material that you intend to work on, then proceed with the application. The products can also be used for different stages of the carpet cleaning process. For instance, the Evans Extract Pro can be used for pre-praying on traffic lanes and heavily soiled areas, where it's diluted with a 1:10 ratio (such as mixing 50ml of product with 500ml of hot water), or for general cleaning where it is diluted with a 1:60 ratio (80ml of the Extract Pro with 5L of hot water). When the soiling is excessive, the dilution can be increased to 120ml for the 5L of water. When using the Extract Pro for regular maintenance- like when you want to remove the light soiling that’s formed on top of the fibres of the carpet, you can employ it with a standard speed rotary floor machine and a carpet pad or bonnet. This is especially for those heavily trafficked areas such as the entranceways into the building, and reception areas. You get to rejuvenate the carpet quickly without much disruption. Moreover, that friction that develops between the pad or bonnet and the surface of the carpet keeps the drying time down, usually taking under 10 minutes. Even deodorisers such as the Evans Fresh which is added to shampoo solutions can also be used when wiping hard floor surfaces, or spraying directly into the air to freshen it up and dispel displeasing odours. Additives such as the Evans Defoamer, that prevents foam from building up in the recovery tanks of hot water extraction units, can also be used with scrubber dryer machines for floor systems and cleaning programmes.
4. Fragranced solutions
The Evans carpet cleaning products enable you to see and smell the difference in your newly cleaned carpet. After getting rid of the source of the odours- that grime that had been riddling the carpet, the products leave behind pleasant fragrances that accentuate the interior space. This is in addition to the deodorising action with products like Florazol and the Evans Odour Neutraliser, that tackle the stenches that had been coming from the grime at a molecular level, rendering them inert. That way you will not walk home to a carpet that smells like stale veggies or an animal farm. This increases the comfort in your home and working environment. It has therapeutic effects, since you will be more relaxed and able to focus on your tasks. Your abilities get enhanced as you confidently entertain guests who have come over to visit without having to worry about awkward questions about the state of the carpet. In fact, the opposite happens, with you receiving compliments about the well-cared for carpet and pleasant ambience. For your business premises, your employees get to avoid the distractions that are brought about by odours, especially since when there are stenches around they pervade the nostrils and overpower the sensory cells. One can barely attend to clients with their full concentration. A well-treated for carpet also keeps your staff motivated, as they see the level of concern and care that you are putting into their working space.
5. Detailed instructions
You want to be sure that you’re following the right procedure while working on your carpet. This is to ensure that you get the quality results you desire, while also preventing product wastage. Each of the Evans carpet cleaning products coms with its fully detailed application procedure, thus enabling you to get things right, even when it’s your first rodeo. Produced under close monitoring and sticking to quality management standards such as the ISO 9001, you are certain to get a value return for your investment.
6. Easy usage
Carpet care with Evans Vanodine products is a breeze. For instance, while using the hot water extraction method with the Extract Pro, simply prepare the solution that you intended to use depending on the level of soiling, spray it onto the carpet, agitate, and extract. After you're done and the carpet is dry, remember to vacuum it in order to raise the pile. For spot treatment products such as the Evans Spot Light, spray the product directly onto the stain, using minimal product so ensure that you don’t overwet it. Allow it to dwell for around one minute, then blot the area with a disposable paper towel. In case you’re dealing with a stubborn stain, you can apply the Spot Light for the second time, or gently rub the area using a soft brush. Thereafter, rinse the spot with clean water, blot it dry, and you’re done.
7. Environmentally-friendly solutions
We all have a responsibility to protect Mother Nature, for our survival and that of future generations. The Evans carpet cleaning products have been formulated with the environmental care in mind, using agents that pose no risk to it, and have passed the stringent EU regulations on environmental sustainability and standards like the ISO 14001. They also come with certifications, such as the WEIR Environmental Impact Rated Evans Extract Pro. You won't have to worry about toxic fumes being generated, as the indoor air quality of your establishment will be preserved, thus protecting the persons and biodiversity in it. The products are safe for use around kids and pets. Overall, you get to ensure the carpets receive a tough and deep cleaning, while simultaneously joining global concerted efforts to protect the environment.
8. Superior performance results at a fair price.
With the Evans carpet cleaning products, you get to reduce your establishment’s maintenance budget and make savings in various ways. For one, the units themselves come with pocket-friendly price tags. This enables you to cut down on costs from the word go. Secondly, they are powerful formulations, only small quantities are needed to break down the grime, emulsify the greasy residue and dissolve the stains on the carpet. On top of that, the high concentrations means that each unit you purchase gets to take you for the long haul. Add to this the cost savings from avoiding damages to the carpet, and you get more value out of your investment.
Carpet Care Tips
You should attend to spills as soon as possible. The longer they remain on the carpet, the deeper the stain sets into the material, increasing the difficulty of removal. This is especially when the staining has been caused by a hot spill- like that hot cup of coffee or tea at the breakfast table in the morning, or employee lounge at work. The heat from the liquid causes the fibres of the carpet to expand, which makes them more porous and absorbent. The rate of stain setting is also affected by the type of the carpet. For instance, wool fibres absorb the spills faster hence the stains can become harder to remove, while others like polyester, acrylic, nylon and polypropylene fibres absorb the stains at a slower ate, hence the removal is easier. In addition, always carry out a spot test for colour fastness when unsure if a product is compatible your particular type of carpet.
Ensuring there is proper ventilation the building will keep the carpet from becoming damp, and also enable odours from cigarette smoke and the like to be quickly dissipated from the interior space, reducing how much gets absorbed by the carpet. Remember to move the heavy furniture around regularly, that way you will protect the carpets pile from getting crushed. As you move it, lift and carry, rather than dragging the furniture across the carpet. Walk-off mats are also recommended, especially for areas like the entrance of the building, in order to reduce the amount of dirt that gets tracked onto the carpet.